The financial aid process starts with filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid by March 1. Be sure to include on your FAFSA the code for Capitol Technology University - 001436.
After reviewing your FAFSA information and determining that you have met all eligibility requirements, the Capitol Technology University Financial Aid Office will send you a letter listing any financial aid you are eligible to receive. If the admissions office offers you a scholarship, it will appear on your award letter. You must return one signed copy of the award letter to the Financial Aid Office by the date listed on the letter. If you don't return a signed copy, your awards will be cancelled and the funds will be distributed to other eligible students.
Tips for completing the FAFSA
- Read the application instructions thoroughly before filling out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Be sure you have all the required signatures before mailing. If you (and your parents, if applicable) are filing online, be sure to sign your FAFSA using your PIN.
- It is easier to fill out the application if you (and your parents, if applicable) have completed your previous year's federal income tax return. You may estimate income on the FAFSA, but you may be asked to verify it later by the federal processor or the college.
- Be sure that you list Capitol Technology University on the FAFSA (school code 001436) to have your information forwarded to the college.
- Mail or electronically file the FAFSA by the March 1 priority deadline.
- Keep a copy of everything you submit to the Financial Aid Office for your records. If you file a paper FAFSA, keep a copy of this form as well.
- Keep your address up to date. Don't rely on the post office to forward your mail in a timely manner. Because the financial aid process involves deadlines that must be met, notify the Financial Aid Office and the Registrar's Office if you move.
- Write your name and Social Security Number on all the documents you give to the Financial Aid Office.
- The U.S. Department of Education, state of Maryland and Capitol Technology University frequently check the accuracy of the information you provide on the FAFSA through a verification process. Documents generally required to successfully complete verification include signed federal income tax returns, W-2 forms, a verification worksheet and other documents as necessary. If you are selected for verification, you cannot receive federal and state financial aid until the process is complete.