Computer Engineering (BS)
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to accomplish within three to five years of graduation. They are consistent with the mission of Capitol Technology University.
The Program Educational Objectives of each of our program were developed in consultation with the program constituencies: students, alumni, employers, faculty and program’s Advisory Board.
Within three to five years of graduation, CE alumni will:
- Be highly sought and will be recognized as having expertise in their field.
- Demonstrate a lifelong commitment to expanding their professional expertise.
- Be effective communicators, effective team members, or leaders.
- Continue to demonstrate character and values by making ethical decisions throughout their professional careers.
- Strive for the betterment of society by pursuing their vocation.
Upon graduation, graduates will:
- the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to computer related problems
- the ability to design and conduct digital experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data to confirm digital design solutions
- the ability to design a digital system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- the ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- the ability to identify, formulate and solve digital related engineering problems
- an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibility
- the ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning
- knowledge of contemporary issues related to the engineering industry
- the ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering and modeling tools used in the digital design industry
- an understanding of the design of a digital computer
- the ability to program large scale integrated circuits